Group Dog Obedience Classes
Have Fun & Learn with Your Dog
At Highland Canine, our trainers offer group obedience classes for dogs of all ages, breeds and sizes! Our dog training obedience classes are a great way to socialize your pup in a controlled environment, under the guidance of a professional dog trainer.
Not only will your dog learn their basic commands and obedience, but you’ll also gain vital, practical knowledge to help you as a dog owner. You’ll learn about the importance of socialization, the benefits of mental stimulation and how to incorporate your dog’s obedience into everyday life.
Our dog trainers may also offer your pup the opportunity to get a taste of new activities, such as agility and trick training.
Our group dog training classes are designed to enhance the relationship between you and your dog. They take place in a fun and relaxed environment, which are enjoyed by humans and dogs alike!
To find out when obedience classes are taking place in your area, please take a look at our calendar.
Our typical curriculum for basic group obedience classes is as follows:
- Introduction to how dogs learn and teaching techniques
- Teaching the Sit command
- Teaching the Down command
- Teaching the Stay command
- Teaching the Heel command
- Teaching the Recall command
- How to stop jumping and other common behavioral issues
- Lecture on generalizing behavior and obedience cues
- Teaching the Place command
- Teaching the Leave It command
- Teaching use of the clicker
- Introduction to trick training
- Discussing classical vs. operant conditioning, primary vs. secondary reinforcers, and building chained/complex behaviors
- Incorporating obedience into everyday life
- Potential for socialization outing
- Confidence building