Dog Trainer Jobs and Internships
Join a Great Team to Start Your Dog Training Career!
At Highland Canine Training, LLC, we have rewarding dog training job opportunities available throughout our organization — from our Independent Contractor Dog Trainer positions, Police K9 Division, Service Dog Division and our School for Dog Trainers to positions at our Corporate Office. We search for those individuals who are passionate about training dogs, have excellent presentation and people skills and are driven to grow and excel in their careers with us.
For those who enjoy working with dogs and have great communication skills with people, Highland Canine Training, LLC is the perfect place for you to start or build a dog training career. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a growing organization that offers endless opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment. You will also have the opportunity to team up with and learn with others who share your values and commitment. You will also receive the incomparable experience that comes from helping to enhance the lives of dogs and their owners.
Current Dog Training Jobs Available
We currently have various dog training positions available throughout our organization. If you are interested in any of these available positions please READ ALL of the information listed below about the particular position before contacting us.
Responsible for training service dogs and providing administrative support for the Service Dog Programs. Reports to the Director of Service Dog Programs.
- Provides operational and administrative support for all aspects of the service dog training programs.
- Trains service dogs and provides socialization for all stages of the dog’s life. Coordinates with the K9 Education Program to integrate students into the training and socialization of the dogs.
- Completes and ensures up to date records (training, socialization, veterinarian, etc.) are kept on all service dogs.
- Ensures all administrative and operational forms of the Service Dog Programs are maintained and up to date in the shared document folders.
- Fully understands and keeps abreast of the client application process and coordinates with the families as directed to provide coverage when needed.
- Responsible for providing regular input for all marketing and advertising of the Service Dog Programs. Looks for ways to consistently leverage social media avenues to promote the programs.
- Manages the coordination with outside entities to improve the Service Dog Programs (Nursing homes, Schools, Children’s museums, etc.). Coordinates trips, gathers and brings needed supplies (collars, capes, treats, etc.), schedules student participants, transports students and dogs to the sites and provides feedback to the students and Director of Service Dog Programs upon completion.
- Manages the Service Dog delivery process. Gathers all necessary paperwork and supplies, determines staff schedules to support, makes travel arrangements, conducts deliveries as needed, and provides an after action/lessons learned report on the deliveries.
- Helps develop, implement and collate processes for client feedback incorporating information into updates and improvements to the Service Dog Programs.
- Ensure adequate supplies are in stock for the Service Dog Programs (food, office materials, etc.).
- Helps coordinate purchases and maintains all equipment used for training of service dogs; Inventories all equipment on a regular basis to ensure control and functionality.
- Completes scheduled and random spot checks of the Service Dog kennels to ensure that cleanliness is maintained. Coordinates with the Kennel staff and/or facilities maintenance to fix any discrepancies noted.
- Provides facilitation and practical support, on an as needed basis, for courses in the K9 Education programs.
- Works to cross train in the K9 Education, Police/Military Working Dog and Pet Dog Programs. Can be detailed as needed to fill in and provide support for the Police/Military Working Dog and K9 Education programs.
- Responsible for consistently reviewing the training environment to ensure a safe and secure situation is provided for all students, staff and bi-standers. A training time out will be called for any imminent safety issues observed and will be immediately reported to your supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.