Group Dog Agility Classes
Fun For You And Your Dog!
At Highland Canine, our trainers love to offer agility classes for dogs! Our dog agility classes are a great way to mentally and physically stimulate your dog.
Your dog’s fitness and conditioning will improve with each agility class. They’ll get the chance to run through tunnels, leap over jumps and balance on the teeter-totter. By the end of the class, they should be able to take on a full agility course, and you’ll be able to direct them over, under, round or through each obstacle!
Not only will your dog’s co-ordination improve – the agility class also helps to strengthen the bond between you and your pup.
To find out when agility classes are taking place in your area, please take a look at our calendar!
Our typical curriculum for dog agility classes is as follows:
- Introduction to agility
- Scoring system (how to gain and lose points in agility)
- Benefits of agility for dogs
- Importance of creating a verbal and physical cue for each obstacle
- Desensitizing dogs to obstacles
- Moving at your dog’s pace – and how to keep it fun
- Introduction to the tunnel
- Introduction to jumps
- Introduction to contact points
- Introduction to weave poles
- Introduction to A-Frame
- Introduction to broad jump
- Introduction to the teeter-totter
- Connecting obstacles
- Refining cues and practice
- Handler skills in agility
- Recap of weeks 1-3
- Practice on straight agility courses
- Starting full agility courses
- Directing your dog and troubleshooting
- Full agility courses